EXCELLENT TOUGHNESS, MACHINABILITY AND WELDABILITY
NIMAX is a low carbon steel with delivery hardness 360-400 HB. Excellent toughness, machinability and weldability. Good polishing and etching properties.
- Excellent machinability reduces the manufacturing time
- Easy weldability, as no preheating or post treatment necessary,
- Good resistance to indentations and a minimum risk for unexpected failures, because of the high hardness in combination with a high toughness
- Safe mould and a prolonged tool life.
- Excellent machinability
- Very good welding properties
- Good polishing and texturing properties
- Good resistance against indentations
- High impact and fracture toughness
- Consistent properties through large sections
- Corrosion resistance 20%
- Wear resistance 40%
- Polishability 70%
- Toughness 100%