A UNIQUE COMBINATION OF TOUGHNESS, CORROSION RESISTANCE AND THROUGH-HARDENING PROPERTIES
MIRRAX ESR is a through hardening corrosion resistant steel with very good polishability. Mainly intended for medium to large cross sections. It has a unique combination of toughness, corrosion resistance and through-hardening properties.
- Low mould maintenance costs:
- The surface of cavity impressions retain their original finish over extended running periods.
- Moulds stored or operated in humid conditions require less protection.
- Low production costs:
- Water cooling channels are less affected by corrosion
- Heat transfer characteristics, and therefore cooling efficiency, are constant throughout the mould life, ensuring consistent cycle times.
- Safe mould use because of good toughness also in big dimensions
- Good corrosion resistance
- Excellent through-hardening properties
- Good ductility and toughness
- Good wear resistance
- Excellent polishability
- Corrosion resistance 90%
- Wear resistance 70%
- Polishability 90%
- Toughness 60%